Friday 13 July 2012

Pantry Muesli bars

Found a great foundation muesli bar at best recipes.com, and did my usual tinkering and think the result was great!  You can make it healthier with substituting or minimising the butter and using oil.  I loved that I could raid my pantry and use what was at hand.

100g butter
1/2 cup plain flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
11/2 cups rolled oats (you could supplement with rice bubbles)
1 cup dried fruit - I used cranberries
1/2 cup choc bits (I omitted)
1/2 cup nuts - I used walnuts
1/2 cup seeds - I used pepitas and sunflower seeds
2 tbspn sesame seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbspn peanut butter (generous)
11/2 tbspn honey
1/2 cup coconut

1. Line rectangular baking dish with baking paper. Preheat oven to 150 degrees
2. Melt together peanut butter, butter, honey and brown sugar in saucepan
3. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over butter/sugar mixture.
4. Mix well and tip into baking dish and flatten firmly with metal spoon
5. Bake for 40 mins and leave to cool before cutting into squares or rectangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment