Monday 1 April 2013

Onion bhaji

Judy - you won't believe it, 2 posts in one day!

To go with the kofta curry, I made these onion bhajis, which I found on the Cook & The Chef site http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s2271435.htm - I was a big fan of this series.

The bhajis were served with a mint chutney - fresh mint, yoghurt, lemon juice and crushed garlic.


4 onions sliced
75 g besan (chickpea) flour
150ml plain yoghurt
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cumin
Pinch chilli powder
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1/2 tsp ajawain seeds (I left these out)
salt
1/2 bunch chopped coriander leaf (I used dried)
1 green chilli chopped
Vegetable oil for deep frying

Put gram flour in large bowl and add yoghurt and stir until smooth runny batter (I thinned with a little milk). Add spices and salt and leave in warm place for a couple of hours. Add onion, lemon juice, chilli and coriander.
Heat oil in a wok or large pan.
Slip spoonfuls of mix into 170 degree oil and cook turning until golden. Drain and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment