Sunday 17 July 2011

Oatmeal Cookies





I’ve been making these cookies for years. The recipes is from one of Margaret Fulton’s cookbooks from the eighties. I like the fact they have rolled oats in them. I regularly substitute the nuts and raisins for combinations of choc chips, and today some dried blueberries. I also have reduced the sugar so I feel better about putting them in the lunch boxes. I used ¾ of both sugars without noticing much difference. Don’t skimp on the cinnamon! And to make them even healthier today, I substiturted half a cup of the oats for one of the latest superfoods: Goodness Superfoods Quick Barley & Oats.

Oatmeal Cookies
250g butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg
2 tsp Vanilla
¼ cup water
2 cups flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup chopped nuts
1 cup raisins
2 ½ cups rolled oats






Cream butter with sugars, egg and vanilla until fluffly. Beat in water. Sift in dry ingredients and stir in nuts raisisns and oats. Drop heaped teaspoons of mixture onto trays lined with baking paper. Leave 5cm between each cookie. Press lightly. Bake at 190 C for 12=15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment